This is Really Happening! | Life Love and Hiccups: This is Really Happening!
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Monday 24 November 2014

This is Really Happening!

Pin It


dubai getaway dubai tourism platinum heritage shangri-la hotel bloggerati australia 1001 events

There are officially five more sleeps to go before I, along with 20 other Nuffnang Bloggerati bloggers, hop on a plane and head off to Dubai.

FIVE SLEEPS people!!!

My stomach is officially in knots as I write this… a mixture of excitement and nerves and a whole lot of panic because MAN I have so much to do before I go.

Before I actually get onto that plane, there is Christmas to organise, presents to wrap, advent calendars to complete and packing… OMG don’t even get me started on the packing.

How I’m going to cram the gazillion kaftans and sandals I have purchased for this trip into one suitcase… I do not know! Besides, I need to leave room for all the stuff I am going to be bringing home with me right because... HELLO… The Dubai Mall! 


It’s only the world’s largest shopping mall at a mere 12 million plus square feet.  And  no probs if I shop them out of supplies... there is still at least another 94 malls to hit.





I’ve been obsessively Googling Dubai from the moment I found at that I was going. It has become my ‘thing’ to do when I need some time out.

I sit on my bathroom floor with the door locked and my laptop in front of me and I Google the bejeezus out of all the places we are going. I even burned some frankincense yesterday to really get me in the mood for a little bit of Dubai internet stalking.

I have no idea if they actually burn that stuff there but  go with me on this… three wise men… desert… camels… frankincense and myrrh.

You follow?

*ahem* moving on.

We were given a sneak peak at some of the things we are going to be doing whilst we are in Dubai, and oh my LORD I wish I could take the hubby and the kids and ALL of you guys with me.



And then there’s the camels we are going to ride. I have always dreamed of riding a camel, ever since one bit me at friendship farm at the zoo when I was a munchkin.

Or maybe that was a Donkey?

Whatever.  

Semantics really.

It seems I will be living my one hump or two dream on the SundownerDesert Safari.

Of course I’m not going to be dressed as fabulously as Carrie and the girls but hey, dude, I HAVE KAFTANS!!!


The animal encounters don’t stop with the camels. 

Apparently we will be schmoozing with a whole load of marine animals at the UnderwaterZoo and Aquarium as well as a penguin encounter at the Ski Dubai Snow Resort.


The things I’m most looking forward to, all revolve around immersing myself in the culture and experiencing everything I can to do with the heritage of Dubai.

I want to wander through the spice Souqs, and explore the bazaars. I want to stand on the beach and stare at a foreign ocean and for crying out loud - I even want to eat dates and drink that strong Arabic coffee. 



I had a dream the other night that I was being fed grapes whilst I lay upon gold threaded cushions in a Bedouin tent indulging in a little hubbly-bubbly.

I’m not so sure that is on the itinerary, but hey, a gal can dream yeah?

For those of you who have already been to Dubai… are there any must see things I need to put on my list?

For everyone else is there any tips or advice you can give me to ensure I suck all the marrow out of this incredible experience?

dubai getaway dubai tourism platinum heritage shangri-la hotel bloggerati australia 1001 events