Weekend Rewind 10 Blog Hop - The Very Very Grateful One | Life Love and Hiccups: Weekend Rewind 10 Blog Hop - The Very Very Grateful One
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Friday 18 April 2014

Weekend Rewind 10 Blog Hop - The Very Very Grateful One

Pin It

It's a short one from me tonight and I make no apology for the fact that I am spending time this weekend celebrating with my family and feeling so incredibly grateful.

Despite the title of this post, I am not so sure that I would like this week to rewind... in fact I'm pretty certain I'm glad to see the back of it. But with darkness comes light, with fight comes freedom, with determination comes reward and I for one am glad that I am the daughter of a very determined man.

The good news.... very good news,  is we have brought my Dad home from the hospital for Easter.

He has more tubes than a brewery sticking out of his arms, but that's OK, I happen to like breweries and we are just so incredibly happy that he is here with us.

Ironic that today is Good Friday, a day that is declared by Christians worldwide as such a significant day in their religious calender. I couldn't agree more. Today my Dad is home with my Mum and his precious dog Sal by his side, he is right where he should be and that makes it a pretty damn Good Friday in my books too.

Thank you all so very very much from myself, my Mum, my family and my Dad for your prayers and your beautiful messages this week for my Dad. It has been an awful week, one we are glad to leave behind us.

I know I have said this before but this community of ours never fails to overwhelm me because for all of the negative stuff you here about the online world, there are 100 hundred times (at least if not more) stories of kindness and good.

From my family - complete with my Dad - to yours, I wish you all a very Happy and Safe Easter.

What's your plans this Easter?
What are you grateful for right now at this very moment?



Link up your favourite post from the past week and then pop around and say hello to some of the other lovely linkers. The Weekend Rewind blog hopping party starts every Friday night at 8pm and links will close on Sunday night at midnight. Link up here or over on Bron's blog (Maxabella) or over at the other Sonia's blog (Sonia Styling). It does not matter where you link as your link will show up in all 3 places.